SAP BW/4HANA Key Features
Modern Data Architecture
SAP BW/4HANA provides simplified and modern data modeling with a greatly reduced number of object types. It enables seamless integration of SAP and non-SAP data sources, promoting real-time data analysis.
High-Performance Data ProcessingFully integrated with the SAP HANA database, SAP BW/4HANA benefits from its in-memory processing capabilities. This enables fast execution of complex analytical queries and real-time processing of large data volumes.
Flexibility and Scalability
SAP BW/4HANA enables companies to implement both traditional data warehousing and new approaches to data-driven decision-making, including modern data lake scenarios for Big Data and advanced analytics. It provides the flexibility to respond to individual business needs while being highly scalable for future growth.
Data Warehousing in SAP BW/4HANA in Your Teaching
SAP UCC Magdeburg provides access to an SAP BW/4HANA 2.0 system that is shared with other institutions. In the institution’s namespace, up to 100 users can access it simultaneously. To avoid restrictions, the use of an exclusive system is also possible. The pre-installed data of the fictitious model company Global Bike enables a vivid demonstration and testing of relevant processes and procedures.
Lecturers have access to teaching materials that can be used both in teaching and in research projects.
The entire curriculum is only available in English.
… are primarily aimed at business and management students who learn how to analyze big data. The case studies can be carried out independently of each other.
… basic OLAP navigation with Excel pivot tables
- creation of a pivot table in Microsoft Excel
- analysis of data using multidimensional reporting
… basic OLAP navigation on SAP BW/4HANA with the Excel add-in SAP Analysis for MS Office
- presentation of various multidimensional navigation options
- getting to know techniques for the presentation of key figures
… consideration of some advanced functions
- currency conversion
- calculation of key figures
- conditional formatting & selection
- integration with PowerPoint
… introduction to the concept of a query in SAP BW/4HANA
- developing a query using the Eclipse-based query designer
… creating an advanced query to perform complicated analyses
- aggregation of exceptions
… are aimed at students of business informatics and computer science with a focus on modeling and creating BI data models and loading data into the SAP BW/4HANA system. The case studies build on each other and should be processed one after the other.
… introduction to the tools used in the SAP BW/4HANA curriculum
- for modeling: Eclipse with BW Modeling Tools
- for administration: BW/4 Cockpit
- creation of a data warehousing model for the following case studies
… shows how transactional data is loaded from the source system into the data collection layer of the data warehouse (extraction step in the ETL process)
- DataStore object
- Data Transfer Process (DTP)
… explains basic modeling techniques
- creation of information objects, such as key figures & characteristics
- editing master data of an object
… shows how material master data is loaded into SAP BW/4HANA
- creation of a data flow
- data source
- data transfer process
… shows the creation of an EDW
- modeling based on InfoObjects
- transformation of transaction data
- creation of a virtual data mart (composite provider)
… creation and use of internal and external hierarchies
… introduces the concept of Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCD)
- enabling analysis on a cut-off date
- mapping of the “historical truth”
Request a free trial version now!
The SAP UCC offers academic teaching staff free 30-day trial access to Data Warehousing in SAP BW/4HANA, including educational materials. If you are interested and for more information, click the button to contact our customer service.
Please note: This offer is only available to academic teaching staff. Students should contact their teacher.
All information in a compact flyer format:
You can download the flyer as a pdf file.