SAP HANA Key Features
SAP HANA’s in-memory technology enables extremely fast data processing, allowing companies to create reports and analyses in real time and optimize decision-making processes.
SAP HANA is available both on-premise and in the cloud and provides a broad set of standard interfaces. This allows a seamless integration with existing SAP systems and third-party applications, providing businesses with flexibility in implementation and management.
The platform enables the development of advanced applications. For example, SAP HANA has the capabilities for geospatial data processing, text analytics and graph processing.
Development in the SAP HANA Database for Your Teaching
SAP UCC Magdeburg provides access to an SAP HANA system with exclusive memory initially reserved for 30 users. The pre-installed data of the fictitious model company Global Bike enables a vivid demonstration and testing of relevant processes and procedures.
Lecturers have access to teaching materials, ready-to-use presentations, case studies and exercises that can be used both in teaching and in research projects.
The WebIDE is accessed via the browser, thereby eliminating the need for preparatory installations.
The language of the curriculum is English.
… provides an introduction to the basics of in-memory databases and their use for analytical applications:
- learn the basics of in-memory computing and in-memory databases
- learn how to load data into SAP HANA
- learn how to create data models in SAP HANA
- learn how to analyze data with SAP HANA
… demonstrates how to analyze stored data with the SAP Application Function Library:
- learn how to use the SAP Application Function Library for data mining purposes
- learn how to run sales forecasts for the Global Bike Company
- learn how to run a shopping basket analysis
- learn how to execute an ABC analysis to find out which items are most commonly sold together
… SAP HANA can process geographical information to generate valuable information:
- learn how geographical representation and spatial clustering works
- learn how to create, access and process spatial data in SAP HANA
- learn how to visualize data with the Global Bike Demo App
… demonstrates the text mining capabilities of SAP HANA:
- learn how to analyze text with SAP HANA at the example of Twitter data
- learn how to visualize the results with SAP Predictive Analytics
… demonstrates how graphs can be set up and visualized in SAP HANA. An application case shows possible usage of different high performance algorithms:
- learn about graphs and how they work
- learn how graph algorithms can speed up business processes
- learn how to create and use graphs for different scenarios in SAP HANA
- learn how to use existing graph algorithms on SAP HANA
… provides an insight into native application development with SAP HANA:
- learn how to create and handle RESTful OData web services
- learn how to use SAPUI5 to build native web applications on SAP HANA
- learn how to build Fiori applications
Request a free trial version now!
The SAP UCC offers academic teaching staff free 30-day trial access to Development with the SAP HANA Database, including training materials. If you are interested and for more information, click the button to contact our customer service.
Please note: This offer is only available to academic teaching staff. Students should contact their teacher.
All information in a compact flyer format:
You can download the flyer as a pdf file.